In honor of Canada Day, which we Americans are sadly negligent about celebrating as a rule, I'm going to mention the Canadian Book Challenge 6, which I just learned about thanks to Page 242. I like the idea, because there is a lot of great, unsung Canadian fiction out there. I doubt very much that I could read and review 13 Canadian novels to fulfill the goal, but I hope it will spur me to read a few more than I would have. Read all about it HERE .
One Man's Opinion: THEY'RE NOT YOUR HUSBAND by RAYMOND CARVER
-
Uncomfortable reading, painful even, with plenty of food for though, ironic
given that Doreen is trying not to eat.
Earl Ober is Doreen's husband. He'...
7 hours ago
All right, you have until next Fourth of July to read thirteen Canadian books. And we have you off to a good start!
ReplyDelete